These feature was added after I needed spell check within Geany.
- Download the current plugin package from here.
- If you open up the Readme.windows.txt, it will tell you where to get the enchant libraries that are needed. I downloaded enchant_1.5.0-2_win32.zip
- Extract the file.
- Copy the folder bin, lib and share to
GeanyPortable\App\Geany\. Windows will warn you about overwriting existing files in the folders. Go ahead and copy it as it won't overwrite anything because there's no other files with the same name to overwrite.
If you try to run it right now, it will complain about not having dictionaries. Let's set those up
- Go to the OpenOffice website and download the English spell check plugin. Open Office Spell Check package
- Extract with 7Zip
- Copy out
en_US.dic to wherever you would like them. I put them in Data under dictionaries (
GeanyPortable\Data\dictionaries)so they're protected from upgrades.
- Run Geany
- Click tools, plugin manager
- Enable spellcheck. It will complain about dictionaries.
- Click preferences and set the dictionary location to where ever you installed the dictionaries. In my case,
- Celebrate. You're done.