Getting Live Support Via IRC
Connecting to IRC
If you like to use IRC, you can connect to the IRC channel #geanyportable on irc.freenode.net.
If you have a local IRC client installed, you can use this link to connect to the Geany Portable Chat Room.
Otherwise, you can use the webchat that Freenode provides at http://webchat.freenode.net
A few simple rules are in order, though
Please review these rules before you join, so we won't have any problems:
- Don't ask to ask. Wait a few seconds, and if no one is talking, ask. Otherwise, its possible that you're interrupting. Not that we mind a whole lot, but it is kind of rude and waiting a few seconds to make sure that a conversation isn't occurring is thoughtful.
- If you have a problem, please make sure that you can reproduce. I certainly want bug reports, but I need to be able to reproduce the problem to create a solution.
- Be respectful of the other users in the channel. This should go without saying.
- No OS bashing. Its fine to have a preference. Its even better to have a good reason. But unless you get asked, let it be.
- Language is to be kept at a PG-13 level.
- Channel will (eventually) be logged. So if a user in the IRC room asks for your email, or if you want to give someone your email, send it to them via private message.